CEO and Board of Directors
President and CEO
Dr. James Dosman, often known as the "father of agricultural medicine" in Canada, has been instrumental in establishing rural health and safety programs nationally and internationally.
An outstanding physician scientist, he helped to found such initiatives as the first annual Agriculture Health and Safety Conference, the Canadian Agricultural Injury Surveillance Program, the Canadian Agriculture Safety Program, and the Agricultural Health and Safety Network, which provides educational services, respiratory health and hearing screening programs, courses in emergency preparedness, and other educational opportunities to the rural population.
He has devoted his career to improving the health of, and preventing injury to, farmers and their families, endlessly working to enhance the health of rural populations in Canada.
Recently honoured for his contributions to the advancement of agricultural health and safety in Canada by being named an officer of the Order of Canada, James Dosman, as the President and CEO of Agrivita Canada Inc., continues his commitment to improving the lives of those who live and work in agriculture and rural communities.
Board of Directors
Agrivita Canada Inc. is governed by a board of directors consisting of:
- Chair, Agrivita Canada Inc.
- Agricultural Producer and President, Franklin Land and Cattle Co. Ltd., SK
- Chair, Board of Directors, Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation
- Chair, Nutrients for Life Foundation Canada
(Dorothy) Linn Holness
- Professor and Chief, Occupational and Environmental Health, St. Michael's Hospital, University of Toronto
- Director, Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture, SK
- Présidente-directrice générale, Institut de recherche Robert-Sauvé en santé et en sécurité du travail, PQ
- Assistant Vice-President, Government Affairs, Canadian National, ON
- Vice-Dean (Research), College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, SK
- Senior Associate, Global Public Affairs, ON
- Senior Director, Saskatoon District, Farm Credit Canada, SK
- Director, Corporate Administration, University of Saskatchewan